Saturday, June 20, 2015

Boss Monster 2: The Next Level


I was out with the family doing some errands and stopped by the closest FLGS In between stops.  I had intended to get one of the various Munchkin expansions but they were all out of stock so I started looking at other stuff.  I liked the details on the MageKnight board game but I also realized I wanted something I could get my kids to play with me at times.  After a little more searching, I found a copy of Boss Monster 2: The Next Level on the shelf.  
                                              
As you can see, the game has a very cool retro look and feel to it.  Many of the characters, locatios, and details depicted on the cards bear a strong resemblance to old 8-bit NES games or characters.  The game play is basically a replication of a side-scrolling dungeon exploration quest from that era.  My 8 year old and I played a quick game - to satisfy his curiosity - and I am now diving in to the full rules now. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment