Thursday, August 14, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 14-15

I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes... 

The next two questions are answered together because I have only been to one gaming convention so I have minimal experience on the subject. 

Best Convention Purchase
I went to the first Conjuration in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my uncle David. I remember being completely captivated by the vendor room.  It was like a gaming treasure trove all in one area with swords, books, miniatures, and booths from various game companies.  The company that sticks out to me is Steve Jackson Games because I loaded up at their booth with Car Wars, Necromancer, and some dice.  I remember being impressed with the quality to cost ratio of their microgames.  I would go on to buy many of their other microgames and later buy in to GURPS.  It all started with  a total purchase price of around $10 or just over.  I am still a fan to this day. 

Favorite Convention Game
I have never played in a convention game so I can not answer this question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment