Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Last Week...

...was absorbed by mid-terms.  I had important tests in 3 of my college classes during the last week and neglected to post anything at all.  The tests are over and I am more than satisfied with the results so it is time to crank up on the blog posts a bit.  I have no master plan at the moment but I have sorted out some topics for future posts. 
 
 Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed
I recently found a used copy of this rule book for the awesome price of $5.99 at Hastings.  I expect at least two posts covering this because I am really enjoying what I see so far.  I always check out the used gaming sections of the stores I visit.  I am prone to buy stuff if the price is right.  I think this will be a recurring post; something like "new used gaming item" or something similar.  I already have at least 3 other items lined up for this.
 
Other Gaming Topics
I have several ideas I want to put out there and get some feedback on.  I know that I announced the Quick Six system that I was developing but I have decided to put it on the back burner for now.  In the middle of development I had another idea that I would like to develop.  I usually design in the rules-medium to rules-heavy area but I find myself really attracted to the rules-light approach.  I have never designed a complete rules set using the rules-light approach but I have been gathering some notes for a system called S.T.A.G.E., which stands for Simple Tabletop Adventure Gaming Engine.  With any luck, information will be posted here soon.
 
DVDs, Rentals, and the ROKU
I am an avid DVD collector and I like a good deal so I will post about several that I have gotten recently.  Of course, sometimes the movie posts will be about movies I rented instead of buying.  I also recently got a ROKU and have been pretty happy with it.
 
Miscellaneous
There are other topics that may show up with irregular frequency.  One such topic is autism.  My (almost) 6 year old son has autism and the experience is very thought provoking.  I may do a once a week post on some aspect of autism as some sort of FYI thing.  Other topics that may get some more exposure in the future include professional wrestling, horror, creative writing, my campaign world, and maybe a surprise or two along the way.  Who knows? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment