Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wrestling & Memories of the Mayfly


There have been several posts over at Memories of the Mayfly about a tabletop wrestling game and what should be included in the design.  I am a big fan of old school wrestling from eighties that was done under complete kayfabe.  My favorite promotion of all time was World Class Championship Wrestling from the Dallas Sportatorium.  A short video tribute can be found on youtube:



WCCW was the home of the Von Erich family for those that do not know.  In my opinion, the older wrestling was much better than the crap that is on the TV today.  Although I prefer old school gaming and old school wrestling, I will not be hollering at any kids to get off my lawn any time soon.  If you dig old school wrestling or are interested in the design of a tabletop wrestling game then go check out the Mayfly.

5 comments:

  1. I think the only two celebrities I'd seriously mark out over would be Burt Reynolds and Dusty Rhodes. (I grew up on the NWA-affiliated Championship Wrestling from Florida with Gordon Solie.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good promotion. I remember watching it. Burt Reynolds is great and Dusty Rhodes is a wrestling genius.

      Delete
    2. If only we could have seen Dusty doing the Ned Beatty role in Deliverance.

      Gold, I tells ya.

      Delete
    3. Oh good God what hilarity would have ensued in such a case. Dusty would have been hilarious!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Warren.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You've been a tremendous inspiration. I do mean that.

    ReplyDelete