Sunday, November 6, 2011

Earthquake!!!!!!

I live in a small town in Oklahoma named Oologah.  I'm sure many of you have never heard of it but for the sake of reference I am about 30 miles North of Tulsa; in the NE corner of the state.  Except for 8 years in the Army, I have lived around this area my whole life.  It is part of what is commonly known as "Tornado Alley" and my area did get hit back in '91 but that's a story for another day.

I've always heard that there are occasional earthquakes in Oklahoma but they are so weak that you never feel them.  I've always thought it would be cool to be in just one earthquake to say "I've been in one".  Last night around 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm the earthquake hit!  It was the strangest feeling when the whole house started vibrating and things were rattling.  The estimates on the intensity of the quake vary from 5.2 to 5.6 today.  

Now that I have experienced an earthquake, what are my thoughts on the subject now?  I DON'T LIKE THEM!  I'm ready for a tornado...lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit - spelling nazi x2

No comments:

Post a Comment